Friday 27 August 2010

Don't worry about the weather!

This week has seen the first rain during one of my walks since about January - an incredible fact.  I bought a new summer rainjacket a couple of months ago, and this is the first time it's been wet! But it also shows how sporadic and intermittent our rainfall can be.  I've noticed that many forecasts are too general or just inaccurate - "60% chance of rain" - is fairly unhelpful.  On a few walks it's stopped raining just as we've started, or just after we've finished.

"If in doubt, get out.....and walk!"  is my motto.  Many's the time we have had glorious walks when the forecast was dire.
  
Stags in search of green grass
The stags in Bushy Park are beginning to lose the velvet on their antlers, and the sharp tips (or tangs) are now in evidence.  The recent rain has transformed the bleached grass of the park into something resembling the usual verdant oasis.

However, the stags need to bulk up quickly before the rut starts.  They will need all their strength to fight off rivals.  It could be a matter of life or death.


Nordic Walkers in Bushy Park

Nordic Walking is not a matter of life or death, but it could enhance your life - keeping you fit and healthy; introducing you to new places and people;  enjoying the outdoors and much more.

Nordic walking 
These photos were taken this week, in between the rain that was forecast.

If you would like to join me and others Nordic Walking, please do give me a call.  I am canvassing for a gentler walking session for what I call "Strollers", to see if there is interest in this.  The first session is due on September 4th at 11.30.   Please let me know if you are interested.  The usual 9.15 walk will take place, too.

Peter

07703-404-931

No comments:

Post a Comment